Monday, November 3, 2008

Catching Up...

Sorry for the absence. I'll try to get everyone up to speed on the Kent Household.

First of all, my last post on Waiting. Let me explain. It seems that there is always medical drama in our home. When Cameron and I stood in the line in Heaven for trials, we stood in the line titled, "medical problems for children". Without going into the big, long, not so interesting story, we had a bit of a scare that Karadie had leukemia. As it turns out, it was only a bunch of not related flukey symptoms that compiled together are symptoms of leukemia. Thankfully, she doesn't have it and she is doing great.

Witches Night Out! What a blast. A bunch of women from my ward went to Gardner Village for "Witches Night Out!" We had so much fun. Hopefully I will post some pictures soon. Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday, because I get to reveal my true self and dress up as a WITCH! I love it. Melissa, I really missed you! Your absence was felt!!!

Job Changes! Tuesday I arrived at work to find out that RE/MAX Metro, whom I am employed by, had a new owner. I was a little apprehensive, but quickly learned that this would be a fantastic change. I have been given more responsibilities, and hopefully with that will soon be determined my new wage! The new owner seems very organized, ambitious, and energized! I have been working MANY more hours and will continue to for awhile, but change IS exciting! Any whoo, this is part of why I have been missing in action.

HALLOWEEN... was a fabulously warm night. And with the time change being the first of November instead of the first of October, it was light most of the Trick or Treating time. The girls were energized and covered more streets than usual. The afternoon started out Trick or Treating to Auntie Marion's. She's a little under the whether so the girls went with Omi, Byron, and Emily to visit her and cheer her up. Next stop was a visit to my work. Susan and I pretty much spoiled the kids. And possibly a new tradition was started with a Trunk or Treat at Dick's Market with Opa. Before the evening had even started, their buckets were half full and by evenings end, buckets runneth over with loot.

The girls spend most of September trying to decide what costume to dress up in. After much contemplation the evening came and went and I think they were pleased with their choice of Halloween Characters. Karina our typically straight as an arrow child went as a "Goth Girl"sporting a nose piercing, lip ring, tatoos and all. She actually could have blended in with many kids from school. Thank heavens it was just make-believe. Kensington was the most adorable witch, with the most fabulous witches hat. Her black dress was complimented by purple striped tights, a purple belt, and long purple hair. Karadie has a passion for pretty things and loves classic movies. She really wanted to go as Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With the Wind, but she settled for a lovely Southern Belle. And she did look lovely in her green hoop dress and beautiful big hat. For the first time in five years, my Malificent costume finally came together. It all began with a hat purchased by my husband in Disneyland and has continued with the search for the perfect dress, which was finally achieved this year. My mom is amazing and helped me accomplish this task. Thanks mom!

It is always fun to get out of your own character and play someone else for a little while. Until next year...

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh thanks for saying that Robyn.
Very good script of the last weeks events.
I'm glad the kiddies are ok and it was just a scare.
The Halloween sounds great. I can't wait to see pic's of your witches outfit finally completed and the kiddies.
What was Cameron?

Carrie said...

These pictures are awesome. I so wish we could have seen the girls on Halloween... but time always seems to get away from us.

Congrats again on the new job duties. I'm excited for you!!

munyer jerk chicken said...

i'm kind of bummed that i can't click on your pics and see them enlarged (why is that??). i wanted to see your awesome costume up closer! but even from afar, you all look fabulous. it's been a while since i've been on your blog. i'm going to catch up now!

Sarah said...

The girls all looked great as they came to my door. Glad that I could see them (and I agree, I'm glad the Karina's was only for one night!! She's too sweet.) Thank goodness the doctor results came out clean. Good luck with the new job duties.

Familia Martinez said...

You made me about go into labor with that first part there. Deep breath...glad everything is okay. You all look wonderful and we wish we could have been there this year. You guys always have the best costumes. I need to come and take some lessons of creativity from you. Miss you! Love you! Ang and all

5ofus said...

Robyn I am so sorry for your health problems with your children. We have had tonsils out & that's cake so I cannot even pretend to know what you are going through. With all my health struggles I have always been thankful it was me & not my children because I am not a strong person. You are strong & an amazing mother. How blessed your children are to have you.
It was fun to see you on Halloween. I love how much spirit you have. My poor kids think I am such a drag. I don't think I have dressed up since I was in 7th grade. I love that you do that. Thanks for being such a great friend & let me know when I can help you.

Perry's said...

Thank you so much for letting us go with you trick or treating. It was a good time. We really enjoyed it. I loved Karina's costume. She looked great. All your girls looked really good.

Heather Harbaugh said...

Holy freaking heck those costumes were fabulous!! All of them!!!! I love all of you!!!

Talbot Family said...

Glad your scare was only a scare. I love just how unique your daughters are. I would have been with Karadie, nothing could be more fun than being a southern belle. Great costumes and it looks like you had a great time. Nice maleficient, Addie would have been terrified by you as she was sleeping beauty!

The Morris Family said...

Yeah I'm glad to see you back to blogging...but I know I'm not one to talk. Great Halloween pictures.