Sunday, September 21, 2008

Favorite Things...

There are so many things that I love!
  • Mint Oreos or Holiday Oreos.
  • Sunday Naps!
  • The Autumn Season: brilliant colors painting the mountains, cool crisp morning and evenings, the crunch under feet while walking on leaves.
  • Listening to my girls helping each other nicely with homework.
  • Watching someone sleep. I love watching a baby, my daughters, my puppy, and my husband. There is something so peaceful about a person sleeping.
  • Feeling the Love of my Heavenly Father. I have felt His love so much this week while talking with friends, sharing in difficult decisions my children must make, studying the scriptures, and the church meetings I've attended.
  • Reading on my porch with a blanket wrapped around me and a hot chocolate in my hand.
  • Cameron's cooking. It doesn't matter what he makes, it always tastes restaraunt delicious and the best part is I didn't have to cook.
  • Cuddling up in my bed with a good book while Cameron watches a movie and I play with his hair.
  • Watching the youth in my ward achieve milestones, make good decisions, show kindness to those around them.
  • Listening to inspirational music. It always touches my heart which turns on the faucet connected to my eyes.
  • Being with happy people. I love to laugh, and I love to laugh with others.
  • Learning something new. It's always great to know I'm not too old to try, achieve, and learn something new.
  • Spending time in nature. I love the sound of birds singing, trees rustling, rivers running, the breeze whistling, and watching God's creations scamper in their habitat. I LOVE watching animals, but mostly BEARS, moose, eagles, dolphins, whales, sea turtles, and anything not found in my back yard.
  • Making a difference in someone else's life. Sharing a burden, lifting a spirit, wiping a tear, teaching something new, shedding new light.
  • Scrapbooking - IF only I had the time!
  • Dressing up and going out for the evening with my husband.
  • Knowing I am loved! I love giving and receiving hugs!

Mostly, I am happy to be alive. To have the knowlege of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and knowing where I have come from, where I am going, and that there is a greater plan than I can possibly conceive right now. Knowing that I am loved!

8 comments:

Maricela said...

This is sweet - I like your list. Holiday oreos are on of my favorites too and I love to put them in the freezer before I eat them!

Melissa said...

So what brought this on?
It's wonderful?
I'll have to try frozen oreo's.

RaShawn said...

I wonder if it's this time of year that makes us stop and think about the things we like?

Carrie said...

I like your list. It made me think about my own favorite things... That's a happy thought.

Heather Harbaugh said...

you are so wonderful and I love your list! Thanks for sharing in our great joy today. What a huge burden to have lifted off of us. Thank you for being there for me and being the best big sister in the world! I love you!

Rondi-Ella said...

I really like some of the things that you wrote down on your list because it made me think about my favorite things. Some on your list are exactly the same as mine. Thank you for being such a great example. I love you!!!

Talbot Family said...

I find it interesting how many of those favorite things we have in common (with the exception of touseling Cameron's hair). I felt like I was walking through my own favorite things.

Kayla said...

Yay for happy things! I love your list. And I love you! When are we going to play? I miss you.