Thursday, September 4, 2008

Right to Vote!



I am very excited about the Presidential Elections this year. I figure this is my blog and if you don't like my political opinions you don't have to read this post. I have some pretty strong opinions this year. We became acquainted with Sarah Palin this year when Cameron lived in Alaska. I remember him telling me about her just after a week of him being there and how impressed he was with her. Then I visited him in February and saw for myself how much the Alaskan people loved her. She has made a difference for the people of Alaska in her short amount of time in office.

So, when the announcement was made that she would be John McCain's running mate, we were thrilled! America is need of a change, and I really feel she will be a great support to McCain and offer him a new vantage point on many things that need to be changed.

Whether you are Republican, Democrat, or a Liberal it is our right and obligation to vote. We cannot complain about how things are done in Washington unless we take an active role in government. If we want to see changes we need to write to our State Representatives and be heard. If we want to see changes we need to vote and I don't mean just vote, but study the delegates. Study the delegates and what they stand for, what they promise to change, and what we can count on them to do. Be passionate aabout our country. Be passionate about our freedom. My dad grew up in Germany during Hitler's reign. He has instilled in me and my siblings how blessed we are to not live under a dictatorship and how blessed we are to have a say in who runs our country.

I will be following the campaign very closely. I will be doing my homework on each of the delegates and their platforms. I will vote to my conscious. I will vote to who I feel will provide the best America. What are you going to do?

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm definitely voting. I too was excited to see her as McCain's running mate. I was reminded this morning through an email about women's right to vote. It was an email about what the first women who picketed the white house went through to get the right to vote. I had NO IDEA how badly they were beaten, thrown into jail, abused, tortured and other horrible things. I've definitely taken for granted my right to vote, but I won't anymore. Not after learning what those women went through to give me that right.

Melissa said...

I GET TO VOTE THIS YEAR!
I always voted back in NZ and still can. So I can vote in two countries.
I'm becoming a citizen next week!!
So I'm for sure voting.
I signed Dru up too a couple of years ago and made him vote as well.
So he'll be voting too.
I'm still, however, undecided to whom I'll be voting for.
Both parties have good and bad about them, each person too.
So I guess it's the weigh up of who's got the most good that I like.
I like hearing people's opinions about it though.
Very exciting.

Sarah said...

You and Tiffany must be in the same political thinking today! I agree with Melissa...I like hearing people's opinions. I like that so many people are getting involved and more informed this time around. There is the potential of so much change!

Talbot Family said...

This will definitely be a big year for the USA. I fully intend on casting my vote even though I know that it makes no difference in the grand scheme of things :)

Laura said...

I like Palin, she seems like a great lady... i love her little girl!!!! how funny that she slicked her baby brother hair with her spit. I too plan on voting!

Unknown said...

Oh, I bet you can guess who we will be voting for!