Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School!


Pres. Hanks said it perfect Sunday in church. I'll paraphrase his words a bit. There are two favorite days of the year. 1st: The last day of school and 2nd: the first day of school. I am not one of those mom's who wishes their kids were in school for quiet and sanity. I enjoy spending time with my girls, so the long summers never bother me much.

We enjoyed the process this year of gathering school supplies and getting ready for school. It was a little freaky to walk in to "Back to School" night with Karina at my old Junior High and see some of my old junior high friends there with their kids. I love having my children go to the same elementary, junior high, and someday high school that I went to. Things have changed over the years, but it's home.

The best part about preparing for the new school year is the tradition in our home of Cameron giving the girls Father's Blessings. I'm so grateful he honors his priesthood and can provide this sacred gift to his girls. This year was not unlike any other year. Each blessing was specific to each daughters needs. Each hug after was special between daughter and father.

Karina loved her first day of Junior High. She made it to all of her classes without getting lost and without being late! It will take some getting used to 7 classes and 7 teachers. Hurray for a successful day! Thanks to Sister Galloway for watching out for her. It's nice to know that their is someone at the school who loves her and will watch out for her.

Kensington is in the 5th grade and has Mrs. Strong. She is excited to learn all of the great things Mrs. Strong learned at summer Space Camp. Kensi loves science and math and these are Mrs. Strong's strong subjects. She's in a split class this year so that will bring new challenges and experiences. Hurray for new opportunities!

Karadie is in the 4th grade and has Mrs. Ewell. She is so excited to have so many of her friends in her class. She is going to have a great year learning about Utah studies and continuing to strengthen her reading skills. Yea for another great year!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Such cute girls! I hope they have a great year this year!

Melissa said...

I love Karina's hair. It turned out great.
Man I can't believe these kids are in Junior high!
That's crazy.
I hope the girls adventures this year are awesome.
I"m not ready for Masaru to be at school yet.

Perry's said...

I can't believe how big they are all geeting. I keep thinking that I used to watch Karina when she was first born. Now she. Well all of them are the age to watch mine. I need to come by and see you guys. Hannah would be in heaven with the dog.

Talbot Family said...

Way to go girls! I love the beginning of a school year, everything seems to start over again. The girls definitely look ready and are as always picture perfect. AND I am still your visiting teacher, woo hoo! I hope they continue to be happy and healthy this school year.

Laura said...

I love this picture... the girls look great!