Sunday, August 10, 2008

"Red" Anniversary!

On Thursday Cameron and I celebrated Fifteen Fun-Filled Years of being sealed to each other. As we began contemplating all the tasks facing us for the day, Cameron sighed, "I can't believe that in ten years we will celebrate our silver anniversary." "Uhgh" I thought to myself. That means that we are getting old.

We didn't really have plans to celebrate this marked day in history alone together, instead we were going to celebrate with our children, my parents, and my younger brother and his family along with the entire ward at the ward camp-out. Our plan was to head out no later than 9:00 a.m. for Hyrum State Park. The truck and boat were packed with so much stuff that I was sure we were leaving for a month rather than 3 days. All that was left was to hitch the boat to the truck, and quickly stop at Smith's Marketplace for a few last minute items. We were closer to our schedule than usual. At 9:30 a.m. we began to hitch the boat. Oops, it turns out that one should leave the wheel chucks in place before hitching up the boat. As I was guiding Cameron back to the boat (I'm not so good at this part) I was about three inches off. No big deal. Cameron is super strong and could move the boat hitch to the ball hitch. Not so much. With wheel chucks not in place he was not quite as strong as the superman I thought he was. The boat began to move forward, Cameron tried to stop it by pulling the boat backwards rather then letting it go. Not a good idea. As it turns out the boat pinned his hand between the hitch and his truck. Needless to say Cameron lost that battle and the hitch went through his finger. I would have thought this was an interesting experiment if it hadn't been for the girls and a few neighbor kids witnessing this terrifying event. Quickly I got into the truck to move it forward, however, the the pressure of the boat was pressing against the parking of the truck and it would not go into gear. After pleading to higher powers, the truck went into gear and I lurched it forward. As I jumped out I observed blood squirting everywhere and my girls screaming with horrified faces of panic. They were concerned that Daddy had already lost too much blood this year, only to be bleeding all over the street again. The did not understanded that the body regenerates blood quickly. Normally Cameron would have "cowboyed up" and just taped and super glued the wound back together, but to oblige me on our anniversary, now forever know as our "red" anniversary, he allowed me to take him to the emergency. Dr. Feil was awesome and sewed him back together with 10 fabulous stitches after the x-rays showed no broken bones.

Thank heavens we were only delayed by a mere three and a half hours. After picking up the girls, off to Smith's we went and began our vacation. A normal anniversary would not have been sufficient for the Kent's. Everything in our life together for the past 15 years has always been dramatic. I wouldn't want to have shared it with anyone but my sweetie.

8 comments:

Perry's said...

I can't believe how brave everyone was. The pictures are really sick. If it was Blair I would of been freaking out. And Blair probably would of gotten really mad That the wheels were not on. Good for Cameron for playing it cool. You guys are awesome. I need to come visit.

Dru said...

That's gross Robyn. Thanks for sharing your anniversary with us.
Man I can't wait to hear about your silver one.

Dru said...

This is Melissa.
Sorry.

munyer jerk chicken said...

ooouuuccchhhh!!! i cringed just seeing the pictures. good for you guys or not letting this stop your fun times. and happy anniversary! i just had the thought that assigning each anniversary a color might be a fun idea. hmmmm?

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you took pictures. I thought you'd take one of Cameron posing with Dr. Feil... Maybe next time, eh? I mean, he's getting to know your whole family... Glad your anniversary turned out ok. What's going to happen next year?

Heather Harbaugh said...

Ok that's just disgusting! Never a dull moment in the Kent home I suppose. At least he didn't LOSE his pinky!

Laura said...

WOW!!! That looks bad.

Unknown said...

Awesome! I love the new gore theme. You should have used a macro lens for more detail. I'm hungry now, whats for dinner?