Friday, August 1, 2008

Smokin Archer!

This week I talked my wife into taking a Bowhunter Education class to prepare for our bear hunt next spring. There is nothing quite as sexy as watching your wife shoot a bow. Monday and Tuesday night were spent listening to class lectures. Wednesday Robyn had to take a 50 question written exam. I know my wife is smart, but I really thought she might miss one or two questions, so I placed a bet I was sure would go in my favor. With her score of 100% I will now be reading Twilight. Yes, I figure my sexy feminine wife has crossed the man/woman line, so I too shall cross and get in touch with my vampire side. I really don't see what all the Edward hype is about anyway.

Thursday night she had to pass two field test exams. Really, she is the sexiest thing alive! Trucking through the weeds and brush, she led out her group to track a fake Ram that they each took a kneeling shot at 31 yards away. First of all, she was the only one in her group that shot in the kill zone, and second, she followed the blood trail, leading her group in discovering the fallen animal in the shortest amount of time. Holy crap, was I proud! The second field test was estimating yardage distances. The instructor had me take it for practice and fun too. We must be connected, because Robyn and I not sharing answers got the exact same score of 91%.

I think she's beginning to show me up! Wait a minute, she's already proven smokin hot! Last fall she became the only member of the "Robin Hood" club in our family. For those of you non-archers, this means she shot an arrow into another arrow. Totally sexy and a very difficult achievement. There is something about her when she pulls that bow back that just excites me! Now if I can get her to pick out camo for our bedspread...

Rob, I am so proud of you. What should our bet be for the first black bear harvested? Love you!!!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Robyn... CONGRATS! That totally ROCKS! I noticed from the pictures that you're the only girl there, and of course you did the best! That's so freaking amazing! Hey Cameron, I'm glad you're going to read Twilight. When you're done reading it, will you tell my husband how great it is and that he should read it too? Thanks!

Michelle said...

Way to go Rob!! I'm so impressed!!

Melissa said...

I'm with the others. That is truely impressive Roybn, I'm so proud of you. Wow.
Now I know who to come to if the world falls apart and we need to hunt again.
Either you or I turn into a vegetarian.

Heather Harbaugh said...

I knew you were amazing but that is just FREAKING AMAZING! I'm proud to call you sister :)!

munyer jerk chicken said...

very cool... where will your bear hunting expedition be??? i've heard there are lots of bears in alaska.

p.s. you've got to check out our blog... we finally had some success fishing.

Perry's said...

great job. I think it is really great that Cameron will read Twilight. I can't wait to see if he will like it or not

Talbot Family said...

Wow! Now she is truly a Robyn Hood. Ha ha ha. No seriously, that is amazing. Next thing ya know she will be ripping out juglars with her bare hands and making a canteen out of an animal bladder. Go Robyn!