Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Beautiful Daughters

These daughters of mine are truly amazing. Cameron has done an excellent job teaching them how to spoil me on days such as my birthday, mother's day, and christmas. However, he has always taken them to do the spoiling. I was pretty sure that with him being away for mother's day, the spoiling would go unspoiled. Not so. Saturday was a VERY long day for all of us. I had a major melt down, one of such magnitude that no amount of running or binge eating would have cured. So, I opted to go to bed. By 8:00 p.m. I was sound asleep. Heavenly! I went to bed leaving my kitchen with dishes in the sink, counters a mess, and the front room untidy. Not something I usually overlook. The girls disappeared to Grandma's and with her help they planted me a beautiful pot of flowers and wrote me a lovely card. Upon returning, they noticed the house in disarray, and busily went to work cleaning it. I awoke Sunday morning to a wonderful aroma coming from downstairs. The girls came giggling into the bedroom to announce that when I wanted to join them, breakfast was ready. Ready indeed. I first noticed how clean everything was. Compliments were made all around. I sat down to a table that was set with tablecloth, centerpiece of flowers, and a card at my place. I was so overcome with appreciation for my daughters I could barely speak. We had a delicious breakfast of french toast and scrambled eggs. I had no idea they even knew how to cook these things and it tasted so good. I could not have asked for a more perfect mother's day. As I sat in Relief Society and listened to Tiffany Guzman's beautiful lesson on motherhood, I was truly so grateful that Heavenly Father sent these beautiful daughters of His to me for a time. I hope that I can raise them in a way that He would be pleased with. They have come into my home with such amazing spiritual gifts. I hope that I can help teach them and help them cultivate their gifts.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Tell your girls I'll be waiting for breakfast on Saturday morning... I'll take french toast, scramble eggs and orange juice please! How awesome, or should I say, 'freaking amazing' are they for taking good care of you?!

Heather Harbaugh said...

You know I just love your girls! they are so sweet and I'm proud to be the favorite aunt!!!! You are so lucky to have them!!! I love you all!

Perry's said...

that is so amazing. I just love your girls. That is so great that they love there mother so much. I was in shock reading this thinking how great would that be for my girls to do that. Cameron is great for teaching his kids how to teach there mother. oh and you are welcome for the blog. I knew that I didn't have to write about you. But I figured it would be the right touch. And I knew you would like it. But it is true. your amazing. I love ya

Melissa said...

You made me cry in Relief Society when you shared this story. That's great.
I love you're daughters too.

Laura said...

How sweet! that is the nicest thing ever. I am glad they spoiled you... you deserve it. We all do as mothers, right?

Michelle said...

Way to go Karina, Kensington, and Karadie!! You girls are awesome!! Every mother should be treated that way on Mother's Day. However, you missed my house!

Talbot Family said...

My Grandma always says that a mother without a daughter has nothing. You are so lucky, you have 3 wonderful daughters. Way to "see a need and fill it."

munyer jerk chicken said...

hmmmmm... when are you moving to Alaska? cause your daughters need to hang out with my little boys and teach them to treat mami this way! besides this, we also need somebody to take/teach us clamming!!

Carrie said...

WE WANT POSTS! WE WANT POSTS! WE WANT POSTS! Are you trying to punish your faithful readers? I KNOW there is good stuff happening in your life, and great blogging material out there... aka... "Spray on!" Come on!! Don't keep us waiting FOREVER!