Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Humility Runneth Over!


Last week at school was teacher appreciation day. On Wednesday the PTA designated to bring your teacher a flower. I have a problem following rules and blending in with the crowd so I put on my thinking cap. I love my cricut machine. It cuts out almost anything I can dream of. The girls picked out the paper they wanted to use and we made this lovely bouquet of flowers with paper and pipe cleaners then placed them in a pretty little bud vase. I think the phrase I was heard uttering often was "I'm so freaking amazing!" The creativity did not stop there. My niece Brianna is getting married the end of this month, so I decided to put together a scrapbook using her wedding colors so that she could have a sign in book. I spent a couple of late nights, the second accompanied by friends whom I'm sure think I am crazy, but I finished the scrapbook. It turned out beautiful if I do say so myself. Again, heard from my mouth over and over, "I'm so freaking amazing!" Mother's Day also can't be celebrated with purchased gifts, but must be homemade gifts from the heart. I saw an idea on a blog and one upped it. I took the girls to K-Mart put them in the little $1.00 picture booth and "Freaking Amazing." Of course can't give mom a store bought card, but had to make a homemade one. I tried a new thing and handstitched flowers on a card. I think my mom loved it. Thanks Laura for the make and takes blog. I've added it to my list. I love having weeks when I feel really creative like last week. This week I haven't been quite as creative. I'm looking for ways to be able to say "I'm so freaking amazing!"

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Robyn, I think you can ALWAYS say "I'm so freaking amazing!" just because you are! In everything you do! I especially think your new picture by your comments is FREAKING AMAZING! :)

Heather Harbaugh said...

Ok so really....should I puke now or later?!? j/k!!! You really did do an amazing job on those pages for Brianna. I just wish I could have done more to help! You are FREAKING AMAZING!!!! And SO incredibly humble too ;)

Melissa said...

LOl that's funny. I think it's great you did that.
Can you please share that website?

Robyn said...

The website for my fabulous new creative ideas is posted under my "beary favorite blogs" called "make and takes."

Laura said...

I LOVE makesandtakes.com. i look at it daily. She is one crafty chick. I am glad she is my friend. I love creative weeks as well ... way to go on being crafty!