Monday, October 20, 2008

Laughter of Eternal Joy!!!

I hope I can relate this story to the level it deserves. Last night, as with almost every Sunday evening, Cameron and I were chatting with the passerby's on their evening walk. I enjoy visiting with the many who take a Sunday stroll down our street. After all the herds had come and gone,We were in deep conversation about important world events - like what we were going to make for a Sunday night treat. Our little lender dog curled up next to Kayla's hip for a moment then ran along to play. Jax (Kayla's dog) came trotting along, sniffed where lender dog had been, then promptly turned marked his territory, peeing all over Kayla. Oh the laughter! Doubled over in tears of laughter, I asked Kayla if she was aware that Jax had just peed on her. "Hmm, I wondered what the warmth was." Again I rolled with laughter. About now I'm sure you are asking, "was that really all that funny?" Not so much, but the story is not over. Our conversation of the most high importance continued until...Kenai (my dog) walked up to Kayla, looked at her, sniffed her side, then promptly turned and marked Kayla as his. This time there was no need to tell her, his bladder was a little more full, causing an instant feeling a warmth followed by wetness. Oh my dear sweet Kayla. It is such a good thing we are BFF's. My laughter could not be harnessed in. Neighbors from all across the land came to see what could possible cause such a ruckus. No audible words could be detected from my mouth. The tears that flowed, the lack of air to my lungs, the purple face, and the laughter of eternal joy could not be measured. Kayla has been not only marked once, but twice by not so noteworthy males and I have a memory in my head that I can live on forever. Thanks Kayla for being a good sport and letting me publish this story.

13 comments:

Carrie said...

This is freaking awesome!!! I love that Kayla is such a good sport about it! I so wish I could have been there, but I'm sure being pregnant, the dogs wouldn't have been the only ones relieving their bladders! (Of course, mine would've been because of the laughter, not for the dog's reason...)

Kayla said...

Carrie, you can pee on me anytime.

Kensington said...

Ha ha ha Kayla! Thats funny. I wish I could have been there to witness this laughter of eternal joy. although I could hear you guys and I thought something died.

Melissa said...

I think that's pretty funny.
You're street is the best street to walk down you know.
I miss Kayla or should I say Miss Peed on!
So what treat did you make?
You're good at treats.
This post was a treat.

Heather Harbaugh said...

ok so really....that was a really funny story! What a good sport Kayla is for letting you post this story...or was this post approved by said Marked Territory?

Laura said...

LOL!!! I would have died. Kayla is a way good sport. LOL!!! Poor Kayla!

Carston, Katrina, Isabelle and Kate said...

So fun to check up on you guys. Since the next time will see you is probably Christmas!

RaShawn said...

I'm sorry Kayla. That is just gross.

Maricela said...

This is gross...Kayla is a realllly good sport because I would have been so mad!

The McCulloughs said...

That is such a funny story! I didn't even know you had a blog and I just discovered your comment on Katrina's blog! I am adding you to my blogroll and I will be keeping tabs on you now! I love the picture on top... you guys are crazy hunters!! Mandy

Melissa said...

I was listening to Bryan Adams summer of 69 while vacuming and thinking of you.
Just thought I'd share.

Becky said...

What a great story! I'm surprised kayla didn't have time to run away before the spray. Aren't you glad you don't have to worry about boyfriends being that territorial?? Kayla, how is your sister doin??

Familia Martinez said...

Kayla I think that you found what you need to do to get that boyfriend of yours...just let them sniff you and mark you as theirs! Sorry I couldn't resist. We love you! Wish we could have been there for that one!