Monday, October 13, 2008

She's 11 Now!


Kensington is our only child who came into this world on her own, without a scheduled date at the hospital. 11 years ago I went into labor and didn't dare tell Cameron because he was so tired I didn't want to disturb him. When the contractions were 3 minutes apart, I thought it might be time. Off we went to the hospital, only to wait until noon the next day. This beautiful girl blessed our lives at 6 lbs. 5 oz. She was a very happy baby. She loved waking up early and has become a habit that remains still. This picture says it all-Kensington loves babies. Almost every Sunday she'll ask me which baby she can go steal to hold for a while. So thank you Trissy, Melissa, and Carrie. Can't wait for Carrie's new baby so Kensi will be happy to help. Kensington has enjoyed dancing since she was 11 months old and learned to walk. She admires and "looks up" to her big sister Karina, and is a great example to her little sister Karadie. I especially love our talks as she helps me work in the garden. A passion we both share. Cameron enjoys the time he spends with her at work while she helps him clean up and gather his tools. We sure love and appreciate the sweet and wonderful spirit she brings into our home. We love you Kensington!

13 comments:

Carrie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KENSI!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

we hope your day is FABULOUS! Sure love ya!

Loves,
Olivia, me and Brad

Melissa said...

Happy birthday Kens. I loved that you'd hold Yuki. We'll be home at Christmas and you can hold her all you want.
Here's a song we'd sing back in NZ for our birthdays. I hope you think it's as funny as we did.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
SQUASHED BANANA'S AND STEW
YOU LOOK LIKE A MONKEY
AND YOU ACT LIKE ONE TOO.
Love ya

5ofus said...

Kens Happy Birthday! Thanks for being such a great friend to Eliza. She adores you. Hope you have a great day. You are lucky to have such an amazing family :)

Laura said...

Happy Day Kensington! You always have a beautiful smile on your face that is contagious. Hope all you wishes come true!

RaShawn said...

Happy Birthday Kensington! I hope you get everything you want.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday cute girl!!

Tiffany said...

Happy, Happy birthday
From Adelaide, Lily and me too!

Familia Martinez said...

Kensi,

We love and miss you and your smiles. Wishing you many more Happy Happy Birthdays ahead. Watch out Young Women's program Kensi is coming soon! =)

Love, A,A,A,A, and a

Heather Harbaugh said...

can i just tell you how much I love this girl?! Happy Birthday!!! i love you SO much!

Talbot Family said...

Hooray for 11! Happy Birthday Kensington! I can't believe that it is 1 more year until YW. Wow. She is a beautiful and amazing girl. You are such a lucky mom!

Maricela said...

Robyn, you have such beautiful daughters and they have such sweet, strong spirits. I love to see them every Sunday, and yes, Kensington usually has a baby with her :)

Happy Birthday to you!!

Melissa said...

It's funny you should ask Robyn (vampire question)
I've actually always been a fan of vampire movies and stories.
I didn't really say anything you know cause, who's into vampire?
Now the whole world baby.
I still haven't read the last book!!
I know man I know, you don't have to say it.

Kensington said...

Thanks for a you'r comments and mom thanks for a great birthday!