Thursday, June 12, 2008

Do You Think He'll Mind?


Cameron returned to Alaska last Wednesday to tie up loose ends and collect his tools, personals, etc. So like any good wife would do, I sold his motorcycle today. What? one might say.
Let me give you a little background on this motorcycle baby of Cameron's. He bought this "toy" 5 years ago. We might have had a conversation about it. I really don't remember. I just remember him coming home and telling me he bought a motorcycle on ebay and it would be delivered within the week. His dad hated the idea, his grandma cried when she heard about it, my parents weren't exactly thrilled either, and the girls thought daddy was the COOLEST! Many middle of the nights I stayed awake wondering when or IF he would be home, where was he riding, mostly how fast was he riding.
The general conference weekend shortly after Elder Neal A. Maxwell passed away, Cameron drove to St. George to take pictures of my sisters family. He did the trip down and back in a day. Needless to say, the long straight stretches were just that. Long and straight. Cameron thought he would see just how fast his bike would go. I believe the officer in Cedar City clocked him around 160. Two counties later a highway patrol man caught up with him. After Cameron gave him some story about being down to see his sister in St. George who was dying from Leukimia the officer simply told him to slow down and be careful and muttered something about how sorry he was to hear about his sister. Whatever! He should have totally been thrown in jail, locked up the bike, and thrown away both keys! Does this explain the relationship with Cameron and his bike yet. We've talked about selling the bike for sometime now, but today I actually sold it. I really hope he still loves me when he gets home. I didn't even allow him one last ride.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

C'mon!? Mind what? Are you really going to leave us hanging like that? Teaser!

Carrie said...

Ok.. much better. I think it's hysterical that you totally sold this bike. I didn't even think about Cam not getting one last ride on it tho. I also can't believe he got away with a STUPID story like that! That cop should've totally known better... Only a shmuzer like Cam could get away with going 160 and not even get a ticket!!! Figures. Congrats on the sale! You're FREAKING AMAZING!


P.S. I'm glad you fixed the post.. I was confused by only seeing the title the first time I looked.

Melissa said...

Ah so why don't you do another post with how it all went down once he found out?
Man if I sold any of Dru's toys you'd hear it on 1650. I hope it all works out and you guys got tons of mone for it. I mean it can go 160!! That's worth a few thousand right!?!

Heather Harbaugh said...

oh boy....I thought he knew when you told me you put it on KSL! He had his fun...now he needs to be practical right? That's your story and you're sticking to it. I'm glad you were able to sell it though! Love you

P.S. You have GOT to start going to bed earlier!

Tiffany said...

I can't imagine what Cameron's reaction will be. I even cried the day Zeke sold his motorcycle.

Sarah said...

I'm with the reletives feelings of it NOT being safe. Matt mentions bikes for the gas advantages...I must admit I don't listen to his points very closely. I am happy for you that you got it sold. I hope that the money from it can help go somewhere needed.

Sarah said...

You are a brave woman! ...FREAKIN AMAZING is the only way to describe you if you ask me...

PS, I still can't figure out how to not be redhot...