Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Gratitudes

I've been blog lurking and have read some really great things that people do for their Sunday blogs. I'm quite as creative, nor have I ever been one for promoting plagiarism; however, I do like the idea of listing some of the things I am grateful for. I write them in my journal each night, so why not share a few with my faithful readers.

1. Wells Wilkinson's talk on "Financial Preparedness." Always grateful for reminders and new ideas.
2. Family. I was able to spend a couple short hours with my sister, her husband, and daughter today. Always grateful to spend time with family.
3. Forgiveness. I think somewhere along the way some feelings were hurt this week unintentionally and I'm grateful for communicating wrongs, righting them, then being forgiven.
4. Girls Camp. My testimony grew as a youth by leaps and bounds. I am so grateful that Karina had the opportunity to have hers strengthened and nourished this past week. We sure did miss her.
5. Babies. I love the sweet spirit that only new babies have. To think that they were so recently in our Heavenly Home and communicate with angels still. Thank you to my friends who have allowed me to hold their sweet little ones this week. You have no idea how much I needed that this week.
6. Mostly I'm grateful that my husband will be home in 80 short hours. I'm sure they will go slow, but in comparison to the last 6 months and 6 days, it will fly. I've missed you my love. So glad you won't have to leave me again!

9 comments:

Amanda and Dallin said...

robyn, i'm so glad you found me! i've been meaning to comment for a while now, but i've been a total blog slacker... i love your blog it is so cute!
-ok, i'm not quite so hooked on the host. i read to pg 75ish and it's been like 3 weeks since i've picked it up. it's just not doing it for me... so instead i've been reading twilight for the 3rd time because i too need to read it all before aug 2.

Heather Harbaugh said...

I don't know if I'm still just really tired or what but that post made me cry! Thank you again SO much for coming out yesterday. It meant so much to me to have you and the girls out. And mom and dad too of course! I love you more than a fat kid loves cake!

Perry's said...

I have been wondering where you have been lately. I hope all is well with you.

Melissa said...

Nice blog. I love it.

Laura said...

Nice post Robyn. Its always nice and necessary to express the things we are grateful for. I think it helps us realize how blessed we really are.

Carrie said...

So, now that Cameron is home, does that mean you're not going to post anything ever again? :)

Talbot Family said...

I also loved Well's talk. Great tips and advice about finance (not that I don't get enough of that from my bank working hubby), I really enjoyed it. I am glad that your family will quickly be reunited.

Heather Harbaugh said...

you really need to post something new...

Sarah said...

Ok, is it just me? ...or have you neglected your blog lately? :) Just wondering how you are and what's going on in Bear country. Hope all is well.

I think you should post some more... ;)