Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New Job!



I started my new job today. I have to say the Lord is involved in the details of our individual lives. I began looking for a new job only 2 weeks ago. Phone calls for interviews really did come pouring in last week. Quite opposite of what I had expected. Funny thing was I interviewed with Remax Real Estate Agency last Monday, and instantly knew that was the job I really wanted. Tuesday was followed with the second interview, and the job offer cam on Wednesday morning. I cancelled all the interviews with the other companies. With gas prices at almost $5.00/gal for diesel fuel, it doesn't get any better than a 4 minute drive to work, with a flexible schedule for my children. I've been hired as the Administrative Asst. and will be taking on more of the Office Manager's duties as I become more confident in the regular duties. I am so excited. Anyway, the Lord has been involved in my personal life because who cries in an interview and is still offered the job. It is only by the grace of God that they hired a psycho-crying female like me. I have truly felt his hand in my life these last 2 weeks.

My day was topped off with the most wonderful homecoming. I entered my home to 3 beautifully dressed angels and a sign that read "Welcome Back Mama Grizzly." You would think I would have cried then, not so much. I was really overcome with joy for my sweet girls. The dinner table was set, front room vacuumed, and no one dead (I was really afraid they would have killed each other without mom for 5 hours). Thanks girls for the perfect homecoming!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Yeah for good kids! Yeah for new jobs! Thank goodness for a loving Heavenly Father who truly does know what is best for each of us individually and as families. I'm excited for you as you take on this new adventure in life. You know I'll help out with the girls whenever I can... especially if there is blood being spilt, or threats of it... Congrats!

Melissa said...

Wow Robyn, that's awesome. So when do you officially start?
Is it full time?
Man I'd be so nervous starting work again after 3 years away.
Let us know how it all goes.
I can't believe you can just leave you girls AND not only have they not killed each other BUT they've tidied. What are you doing right?
You need to share your secret.

Heather Harbaugh said...

They don't get much better than those 3 girls! How sweet are they?!

Perry's said...

So I must be pregnant. I cried reading what your girls did. They are the best. I can only wish my kids are just like them. You did a amazing job raising them. You are still doing great. I love you all

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the job! Realestate is a fun business no matter what you are doing in it. I love spending time with Robert, but I really miss working! Anyway it sounds wonderful, I am very happy for you.

Sarah said...

Good luck with the job. It is interesting how things work out. I am certain you bumped into just the right people to land just the place you need...and where you are needed. Your girls will be great. They are stong and will help take care of each other!

munyer jerk chicken said...

Congrats on the new job! I think it may have been Elder Maxwell who said that the Lord is involved in the very details of our lives... that has long been one of my favorite Gospel truths. Your girls are amazing... and sooo cute!! And as for the "psycho crying female" thing, maybe those who hired you know that we women get what we want through tears... this could work in the company's favor, you know!

Sarah said...

YOU GO GIRLS!! Keep being such wonderful girls and serving your mom and dad! Your dad must sleep better at night knowing that you are there with your mom while he has to be away for a while.

Congrats Robyn!
...on being a freaking amazing mom (I'm certain your girls learned how to be amazing and thoughtful from none other than Mama Grizzly)
...on the new job
...on your faith and trust in the Lord.
You're going to make the rest of us look bad if you keep this up!! ;)