Monday, April 7, 2008

Faith in the Form of a Child

Karadie gave the sweetest lesson tonight in Family Home Evening. Our children really do teach us so much if we listen to them. Her lesson was on faith. As she summed up her lesson she stated "and it is really just that easy." WOW I thought to myself. Is it really that easy? Of course it is. All we have to do is just believe. I feel that I have been lacking a little bit in the area of faith lately. Should we move to Alaska for JUST the summer? Should we do 1 year of school there? Does it really matter to the Lord what we do? Is He really going to give me an answer ever? I think if I would have just listened to me daughter "and it is really just that easy" maybe I wouldn't have tormented myself for so long.

Sunday after conference Cameron called. As we were talking he confessed that he hadn't thought through the weekend really well and didn't have food for dinner. Lacking in faith, I suggested he go to the store and get something to eat. Cameron not lacking in faith, reminded me that he would trust in the Lord to provide. Right, I thought to myself. Our conversation came to a close and we hung up. 10 minutes later he called to tell me that the Lord does provide. No, He didn't send manna to the warehouse for Cameron to eat, but He sent an answer in the form of the Munyer family with an invitation to dinner. I have only spent a little time with the Munyer's, but feel that we are fast friends. They are very in tune with the Spirit and have come to our rescue twice now. Yes, faith is really just that easy. All we have to do is put forth a little effort and the Lord does provide.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm trying to learn my own lessons in faith. Obviously I'm not doing too well, cuz I keep getting more life lessons on the subject! I have learned however to quit praying for faith! oh, and patience... no more praying for that either. I'm hoping Brad has enough for both of us to get me to the Celestial kingdom with him!

Kayla said...

I wonder why it doesn't feel that easy. Thanks for sharing Karadie's faith. I needed that.

munyer jerk chicken said...

Wow, thank you... and we thought we were just looking for somebody to help us break our boring dinner routine! We too feel a great friendship forming already (by the way, we're honored to be on your "beary favorite friends" list). And yes, we should all probably let our children teach us more often. I'll get your email address from Cameron and send you a story I just got today - also about the faith of a child.