Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spilled Milk



Many moons ago when Karina was young, we ran out of milk on a Sunday. I wasn't the most "on the ball" mom and hadn't planned for this unfortunate event and we did not want to break the Sabbath. Thank heavens for parents who live close. We borrowed a gallon from my parents. Yeah, problem solved. Or was it? I placed the milk on the top of the car, bent over to get Karina out of her carseat, off slid the milk...s#@! was my immediate thought. I began to cry. Cameron began to laugh as he giggled out "Honey, there's no need to cry over spilled milk!" He was so proud of himself for making a funny and it did lighten the mood.

Yesterday his words came rushing back to my mind. With milk prices as high as they are now, I'm not sure this anecdote holds true anymore. On arriving home from the grocery store I hastily opened the truck door, and before I could grab them, yes THEM...out fell 2 gallons of milk! I began to cry until Cameron's funny little laugh echoed in my head. Thanks dear. You always know how to make me laugh when life "spills milk."

3 comments:

Laura said...

I would have cried also... I am such a stickler on my kids milk lately. They better drink all of it or else! It is way too expensive... what is going on? Are cows dying? Are they feeding them gold? Seriously... we all need the milk its not like we are done buying it... same as gasoline... ITS INSANE! I'm nervous for summer with those gas prices.

Melissa said...

LOL That's funny Robyn.
I'm the opposite man cause in NZ milk was about $6 for ONE GALLON. So when we came home and saw we could get it for $2:70 man we were stoaked. That's less for one gallon that it is for half a one in NZ. It was $3 for the cheap stuff back home.
So what I figure is sometimes we need to remember someone else always has it worse off ie My peeps in NZ

Papa Grizzly said...

What!!! I hope you soaked it back up with a Sponge!! it's 5 dollars a gallon here in AK and lets not talk about gas at boming 4.23 and diesel and 4.98. im sorry I realize that their are no cows in Alaska but are we not pumping the crude out of the ground here whats up with this!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH

Love ya
cameron