Monday, April 7, 2008

To Do Lists

Things To Do Today! Our lives are filled with "To Do Lists." My lists are endless and as I lay here in bed and contemplate tomorrows chores I grow discouraged by the neverending lists.
  • Vacuum under my bed, vacuum the house
  • Do the laundry
  • Fold the laundry (these 2 items must be broken down for me)
  • Scrub walls in Karadie's room (she is an artist and the walls are her canvas)
  • Take Kensington in for allergy shots-give her allergy pill first
  • Clean both bathrooms - UGH! my least favorite
  • Grocery Shopping
  • Type up Ward Word
  • Schedule doctor's appointment
  • Pack up 2 cupboards in Kitchen
  • Exercise
  • Volunteer at the kids School
  • Spend quality time with the girls after school (they each need one on one time with mom)

Why is it we feel we can't play or spend time on anything fun such as scrapbooking, card making, pedicures, etc. until our "To Do Lists" are done? AND just when we complete the list, the laundry baskets are half full, the kitchen sink has dishes piling high, and the dog chewed up an old cereal box leaving shredded papers and crumbs all over the front room floor. Not enough time in the day to do everything we need to do, all that we want to do, so today...I took the day off and took and 2.5 hour nap. Here, Here, I say to "To Do Lists!" Why do today what we can put off til tomorrow?

5 comments:

Carrie said...

and that my friends is my new motto for life! Hear Hear! Let's hear it for Robyn! In your list for tomorrow, will you please put in there, give some love and attention to Olivia? Thanks! (I know you will! Just makes a mom's heart feel better!) Love yer guts!

Laura said...

I hate to admit it but my to do list looks WAY to similar to yours! I have so much crap to do that I just don't even know where to start. My laundry is the same way, wash, fold, AND put away... all takes me days to do only to have to do it again way too soon. So, I will take your advice and put it off until tomorrow! LOVE THAT! Hope that Dave understands that... hahaha. In all seriousness, I REALLY need to get all these things done since my time seems very short for Milli to come into our lives! I am FREAKING OUT!!!!

Melissa said...

I think this is pretty funny. I enjoyed Elder Ballards talk to mums. it helped me a lot with priorities and feeling good about stuff. What did you think?

Kayla said...

I don't ever do anything. It helps cut down on your lists! :)

Talbot Family said...

Are you supposed to vacuum under a bed? I just thought you left it alone until the dust bunnies were large enough to swallow your first born, and then it was time to move and you took the bed down, oops! I have good intentions, but with 100 balls in the air, I have become accustomed to having a messy house. John probably thinks what do you do all day besides spend money? Hmmmmm, good question, a 2yr. old can make hours of work look devoid. Good luck with the list. When you are finished feel free to come vacuum under my bed.