Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stupid Computers!

I am computer stupid. It is no news flash to many of you I am sure, but I hate computers. What happened to the good old days of sitting around knitting stockings with our girl friends, hand writing letters, or even using a typewriter. I am electronically challenged. Sooo, when my internet went down Friday night I cried. Cameron's not here to fix it. Cameron's not here to care if it gets fixed. I cried some more. After spending the whole weekend unplugging, plugging back in, unplugging, plugging back in I got mad. Thank heavens for cute technical support boys that take pity on people challenged like me. I was walked through some pretty simple steps (after some deep cleansing breaths) and now my internet is working again. Sorry about the recipe thing. It went down in the middle of typing that in. But I loved the comments posted in between. Any way...long story short, if you see anymore strange posts on my blog, come save me from myself for I am probably trapped in computerland hell.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

My question is... how did you know the technical support boy was cute? I'm so glad you were saved... I didn't know you were in it that deep or I would've NEVER hung up with you! I'm sorry! I'm glad you're out of that computerland hell now!

Heather Harbaugh said...

I'm all too familiar with computerland hell! Good thing my husband is a computer genius! He still tries to get me to figure some things out for myself sometimes, which I don't think is fair! oh and FYI, I got lucky-most computer geeks are NOT cute!!!

Melissa said...

Sorry Robyn! I just hope my kids grow up to be good and I can just call them. Kinda like how Dru's parents, grandparents etc etc ring him when they've got a tech problem!!
I can just see myself as an older lady all confused over the new remote control we just got on a new TV. LOL My kids are going to laugh at me so much.
It's alright. I'll just remind them of the picture of them pooping their undies then who'll have the last laugh

Laura said...

I would be the same way! I feel your pain.. but it was fun to tease while your computer was down ;P

Sarah said...

Glad it is up and running. Peek at my post and you'll understand when I say "I HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE TO RE-ETCH"

And, I ditto Carrie: how did you know the computer tech was cute? LOL

Maybe we should just go back to frontporch visits and handwritten cards. Much more personal and less likely to fail!