Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Yummy Caramel Popcorn!

8 qts. popped corn (remove unpopped kernals for a more pleasant eating experience)
1 c white karo syrup
2 c brown sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk (we use 2; 1 for the recipe, 1 to eat out of the can)
1 sq. butter (margarine works, just doesn't taste as good)

Boil to soft ball stage (I don't have a candy thermometer so I just do a low rolling boil for a couple of minutes). Pour over popcorn. Take some to the Kent's, otherwise you're just plain rude for not sharing.

Thanks all for being patient while I got my internet working again. We appreciate things more if we have to work hard for them!

6 comments:

Laura said...

I love the name of the treat... but where is that recipe? LOL!

Carrie said...

Robyn, did you internet die again? Come use mine... Oh wait... I'll have to call you cuz if your internet is down, you won't be reading this anytime soon! Call it a duh moment!

Sarah said...

searching...searching...craving...
I'll check back!

Melissa said...

Thanks! I'm going to try it sometime this week.
I'll need to be careful though, cause if it's as good as what I think it is my diet will be in trouble.

Laura said...

MMMM it sounds DELICIOSO!!!! I can't wait to try it. I have to get all the yummy things in before I start my diet after this baby comes. I am ging to the store right now make sure I have all the ingredients to try out this yummy treat!!! I can even wait... i am making it tonight!!!Thanks Robyn!

Talbot Family said...

Waist, hips, inner thighs, inner thighs, inner thighs, waist, hips, inner thighs, eat a whole bowl cry cry cry... Can't wait to try it. Never met a kind of popcorn I didn't love!