Saturday, April 19, 2008

Music of All Kinds

Isn't it great all the different music available for our listening pleasures? Recently, the girls and I have taken up getting ready for church while listening to CMT music videos before and after the Spoken Word. This has opened up a whole
new world for me. I was not a country fun...except for the occassional really
fabulous song. But lately, I have fallen in love with Country. We can't get enough
of it. Then there is always the 80's classics. This week I was whirlwinding

through Costco when the 25th anniversary Michael Jackson's Thriller jumped out and attacked me. For real. It literally begged me to buy it. Being that I am a very charitable person, I obliged. It even came with the original music videos of Thriller and Beat It for our viewing pleasure. My girls finally understood the scene from 13 Going on 30.
I feel that their life has now been edified by having this rare and unique opportunity of watching Michael Jackson dance. I shared a blast from my past with them, then spent the rest of the afternoon listening to Hannah Montana, High School Musical, and the Hairspray Soundtrack. Isn't music so much fun?

8 comments:

Carrie said...

I knew you'd convert to country sooner or later! Welcome to the dark side... Hey! I wanna watch 13 Going on 30! I love that show!

Dru said...

Yeah I've never been a fan of country! I dunno if I ever will.
However I've got Bad and Thriller both on vinal LP!!
I got them as my 11th birthday gift along with the Milli Vanilli LP.
I've still got it around in a box somewhere. Now to purchase a record player!!
Man am I that old?

Dru said...

Ok this is Melissa.
I'm a retard!

Talbot Family said...

I am seriously addicted to itunes. I can go from artist to artist for hours. My fave is Indie Rock (the Decemberists, Spoon, Wilco, Ben Lee), but I too like all kinds of music. I always listen to country music in the summer, and classical in the fall. Weird I know. Thriller is one of the greatest albums of ALL time. Michael Jackson was true genius back then. The videos are also genius. I hope your girls enjoyed them. Keep on jammin'.

Talbot Family said...

p.s. as to Melissa's mention of Milli Vanilli, I still have their songs MEMORIZED!

Brad said...

Country... Brad Paisley and Little Big Town. Nuff said.

Michael Jackson... ok so I may have been dazzled as a kid, but just can't get past the current version, Ew!

Milli Vanilli - Ashley, seriously? Ok, so I may have "borrowed" a friend's copy of their tape in high school. :)

Mullets and big hair bands? Now we're talkin!! Long live 80's glam rock baby!

munyer jerk chicken said...

until recently, i've never been a big fan of country, but there are some great songs out there. when you have a few minutes to spare, go to my blog, go to "mike and erika" on my fellow bloggers list and listen to the first three songs on their play list. these songs are so inspiring to me! i listen to them all the time.

Familia Martinez said...

Hey, all I can say iz - If it ain't country, it ain't shizzlin, ma man! Yippy Cay Yeah!