Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fitness for Me!

Several weeks ago I decided I REALLY was going to kick it in gear and get skinny before my husband came home to see us again (oops, now I let him in on the secret). So, I started running at the cemetary again. This has been great. I feel so much better when I work-out.

My good friend recommended a work-out that she does at the fire station with a bunch of men, designed for the navy seals to warm-up to. I'm always game to try something new. Hah! Wednesday morning I joined Carrie in her little "navy seals warm-up." It about kicked my arse! Carrie continually asked me if we were friends. On Thursday we still were, but sometime through the night Thursday, early morning hours of Friday, not so sure we were. Everytime I moved or rolled over I coudn't help but think "I hate Carrie." However, I really don't. I am so grateful she was willing to share her fabulous work-out with me. Friday morning we did it again. I was much slower, muscles much more fatigued and sorer (is that a word), but I felt great. I found muscles that I didn't know God had put in my body. All I have been able to think about this weekend as I have taken out stock in Epson salt, is that if all these new muscles I've discovered start to replace bulging fat cells, I am going to look HOT!

Why is it that we look for easy outs such as a magic pill, or easy work-out, when all it takes is a little bit of discipline and replacement of bad eating habit with good eating habits. It will take some time I'm quite certain before I SEE the effects of my new changes, but I can't believe how much better I already feel. Our Heavenly Father designed our bodies to work hard and feel good. Why do I forget that so easily? Forget to take care of it? Help encourage me. I won't take offense. I'm just excited for the day when I look in the mirror and can actually see that my butt is noticebly smaller, and my boobs have totally shrunk a size or two. I love seeing the cute little muscles already forming in my biceps and shoulders and can hardly wait to see the back fat replace by sexy ripped muscles! Cameron, I may have started out doing it to impress you, but it is all about me now!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Working out is not the most fun thing to do but it makes us feel so good. I am glad you have found new "encouragement" to meet that goal. I sincerely hope you make it. Just keep at it, it will all be worth it in the end! Go Robyn Go!!!!

Heather Harbaugh said...

Man I wish we lived closer to each other! If I worked out with you, that 20 lbs would be gone and we'd be having a baby in nine months from now! I'm so proud of you!

Melissa said...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ROBYN.
You'll love how you feel and look and it'll instill great habbits into you. I've lost 6 pounds and it's all because of HARD WORK BABY.
It gets easeir! But if you start slacking off it's really hard to get back into it.
You look great by the way.

Talbot Family said...

Yeah, my triceps kill. I have tried all the easy out diets in the world, they just leave you dry mouthed, anxious, hungry, and irritable. There is nothing like eating well and getting out in the fresh open air and exercising. Not just the muscles, but the sights and smells of nature are so healing. Whoop whoop for you my friend. Keep it up, push through the pain :>)

Carrie said...

I sure hope we're still friends... Just think, before too long, we'll be able to join those Navy Seals and we can laugh when they won't be able to keep up with us! or something like that...

munyer jerk chicken said...

you go girl! look up the mayor's marathon in anchorage. it's on summer solstice and i'm trying to get a bunch of women to sign up with me and do it. we might try to form a couple of marathon relay teams... or if interest is waining, we may run the 10K together. i don't know yet. but we have to sign up in the next couple of weeks. want to do it with us??? i hear the course is beautiful! and what a way to kick off an alaskan summer???